Week Eight in the Studio
A bit of a slow week so far. Found myself contemplating whether the entire process of creating is a progressive obscuring of cliché. The environment is on another cusp and after deliberating I’ve ordered the material for the ceiling – a fingers crossed moment.
Today I tidied and then painted the facing wall and the door wall, there is more to do on the garden wall but I need to see the projection to gauge how much I can do that will be visible.
have these three small sculptures now, and ideas for a larger one.
I was also quite taken by the pattern on my splash cloth.
The facing wall when you enter the space now looks like this…
and the wall with the door looks like this…
It feels as if they are much more coherent now. (16/01/19).
As I’m awaiting the material for the roof I decided to work on the larger sculpture I was planning. (18/01/2019).
I managed to build the frame and prime it on the day – I left at 3:00 pm as the primer needs to dry.
I also got word today that I have 21 days to quit the Unit. So from next week I’ll be packing up and sorting alternative accommodation through Axisweb, even if it’s only storage. I’ll hopefully be able to put the roof on and check the projector before I have to dismantle everything.
I thought I’d include this photograph of working detritus just to show the kind of mess I make, and a shot of the table returned to it’s normal status afterwards.