(Another New Studio)
Over the last fortnight I set up the installation area, for the moment a projection room, and played around with using both projectors each throwing to a different wall.
While I was playing with the projections I also produced the first piece of work I’ve made in the studio. A drawing of the birds nest I found when the neighbours trimmed the hedge.
A simple charcoal drawing on heavy paper. I made a polycam model of the nest itself
Then later made an AR test with the downloaded obj file. The obj, or format of your choice, can be downloaded here.
I wanted to break up the projected images in the installation and decided to make some large circles to to hang in front of the screens. The images below use a projection of the geranium project film and a new red film made from camera trap captures that came out in shades of red, played in sequence and on a loop.
Doing so meant I emptied my portfolio so I displayed the Durer’s solid drawings that are in progress.
The video felt too small in the space and I wanted to complicate the surface so I used both projectors and set them with the films overlapping by about two thirds of their width. I added in a line of smaller circles cutting across the space.
I have a Vimeo Showcase of film snatches and a longer, 15 min film
There is a gallery page of stills from the videos
Circles FilmsCircles Films A set of frames from the Circle Films I've been making at the new ...See photo »
And that’s as far as I’ve got