This week has been about catching the installation back up to where I was at the Wheatley studio.
On Monday I had to finish building the space, which took the morning, and then thread the fishing line and hang the leaves, leaving me at this point by the end of the day.
From the video and the picture below you can see I had to build myself a rudimentary ladder to access the top of the boards.
On Wednesday I got notification that I’m almost official to move in. The agent says the forms should be across to Axisweb soon.
As you can see I got the ceiling on the space and set up the speakers and projector. The space presents some profound differences to the Industrial Unit, it’s a lot darker for instance.
This clearly presents problems with the painted space and the degree of visibility required to read its intention.
The video inevitably, for one as inexpert as me, appears darker than the eye. The photograph gives a better idea of the look of the space. By the end of the day this was the position.
So Friday was about finessing the space and continuing to tidy up downstairs.
Even darker with the roof stapled down and the webcam moved to give a better view of the door.
In the afternoon I spent two and a half hours hoovering the shop.
It looks much more acceptable now, although I wouldn’t be happy with it if I lived there.
At the moment I’m thinking of a workshop space at the back and an exhibition space at the front.