After a week off and installing the computer and VR kit at the studio this week was back to it.
The kit has to be packed away securely each day, which takes about 30 minutes, as the studio is in a high burglary area.
So far I’ve got an animation working thanks to Luke, one of my assistants, and I resolved the teleporting issues I’d had while the kit was at home.
I keep thinking this doesn’t seem to amount to much for all the time I’ve had but then a visitor tries it out and I’m reassured that it appears to be impressive. There is an advantage in using an uncommon technology but there is also the problem that the work becomes about the technology or that the technology dominates the idea.
I’m simultaneously disappointed that I’m not further ahead and pleased with the progress I’ve made, not that that makes much sense.