Gardens Project 11: Hackwork and Ennui
Langour of spirit is about right as far as the ‘Gardens Project’ is concerned.
I’ve got, finally, the topography established for the glover street scene. It took about 230 hours to get it looking the way I wanted. I’ve noted before that this is because of my lack of knowledge which leads to the iterative process of build, test, scrap, rebuild, test, scrap and on. I’ve also built the Introductory scene in outline and started to model the oak leaf as the overall box for the environment.
There will eventually be an introduction leading to the oak leaf and six chapters built around the gardens that will be accessed through the oak leaf at the whim of the player.
I’ve planned this out to complete over the next six months frustrations notwithstanding, but then I got a job, so that’s going to slow it down somewhat.
Given those frustrations I’ve continued to paint.
I added a 10”x10” oil sketch of the holly leaves on plywood and finished the Bathroom Still Life.
This one is 50cmx40cm plywood and is another oil on board.
I made three small (30cmx20cm) oil on board paintings of lens flares from my camera trap.
I also made a garden painting the same size,
and a painting of honeysuckle.
I added a sparrow to my bird collection
Finally I began a 50cmx40cm of a rose from the front garden.
I’ve carried on drawing every day and you can see the November images
The drawings are posted to Twitter and Instagram each day.
The Gardens project posts start here