This week was supposed to be when I moved the VR into the space. Best laid plans and all that. I still need to sort out the internet for the studio and that’s delayed me for a week at the least. Life has intervened in other ways as well so part of the week was spent on the phone to Virgin Media.
I did get to the studio on Monday, continuing to work on the drawings I started last week,
adding some green to the big piece and working into the centre with black pastel and fingers.
As an example this is the development of the one I posted last week, another one looks like this now…
After this I got waylaid by virgin and decided to work on the VR at home for Wednesday and Thursday.
The first test I made works some of the drawings into a model of the installation space. The next two try to work the same drawings into the garden as a whole.
The latest has better materials but I’m still working out the problems with importing scale, establishing movement etc., should all be resolvable but I want to get it into the right ballpark before I bring the experts in.
this image and the next best illustrate the issue with scale
After 3 days away from the studio I continued to work on the large drawing, and did some further work on the small ones, but my major effort was to stretch some more paper on my new drawing boards.
And the studio looks like this.